Maddie Rae Gotcha Day

Friday, November 30, 2007

A New Blog

I took my first try at blogging while we were in China adopting our daughter, Maddie Rae. Since then, I've had several friends and family members ask me if I was going to keep on blogging. I don't think it's because our life is particularly thrilling or interesting, I think it's just because we live so far away from home and blogging seems to be the new way to keep in touch. I'm also having "postpartum" feelings of wanting to show my new baby off, and here we are stuck 24 hours away from the nearest family member. Somehow skyping with a webcam and blogging online don't quite equal sitting in the same room together, but I guess it's the next best thing. So here goes the new blog!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! Retta with a blog. I'm so excited and Maddie Rae looks great. I can't wait to meet her.