Maddie Rae Gotcha Day

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Guangzhou Specials

While Maddie Rae and I were sequestered in Guangzhou for what felt like 2 years, we made the best of our time by investing in lots of adorable shoes. I don't think I'll have to buy this girl shoes until she's close to 10. I tried to buy as many colors in as many sizes as I could. You can see why when you look at how cute these shoes are. And the best part is that I didn't pay more than 3 or 4 US dollars for any of them. Bargain! They have really annoying squeakers in them, but they are easily removable. We just got these brown sandals out of the bag of goodies last night now that it is hot in HK again. She picked them out today, and I must say they looked quite good with her little jean jumper (also purchased in Guangzhou). Have I mentioned how much fun it is to have a little GIRL?! The pink ones below are one of my absolute favorite pairs. They get a lot of use and a lot of compliments. I always refer to them as the "Guangzhou Specials."
In other news, Jon made it home from the US last night. The boys were so excited to have daddy home that they were up almost all night. You'd have thought they were the ones with the jetlag when they came bounding in wide awake and ready to play with daddy at 4:30am this morning (argh). Jon had a great trip and came back with pictures and video of our "new" house that we will move into in July. I'll do a post about that soon. I had the exterior painted this fall, and I hadn't seen it yet. I kept having dreams that I hated it and it was painted pink. Thankfully, I still love it and I can't wait to get my hands on this 1930's Dutch Colonial charmer. Daddy had to visit the dentist while home and he brought back some new toothbrushes for the kids. Maddie Rae thought they were the best and spent quite a while brushing Nala's teeth. She was also so excited to see her daddy that she did some major showing off. She gave him lots of hugs and kisses, kept doing "funny" things like falling down laughing to make him laugh, and wanted him to swing her. From a kid that would scream her head off when he walked in the room 4 months ago to a kid who is becoming her daddy's new buddy. Gotta love that.

0 comments: